Digital innovation: that's why alone it can't be enough

We said we shouldn't think that switching from a physical card, that is, from the good old loyalty card in plasticized format, to an electronic fidelity card represents a real digital integration.
Let's not talk about the updates, because we know that these too would be a potentially negative component on the whole “digital ecosystem”.

We know that every APP that is developed, both for Android and for Ios, must be constantly updated to avoid that, with the gradual but constant revisions of the operating systems, all those small bugs or system errors are generated, rather than having to intervene more or less often to fix the visibility of the same things on different resolutions. Why?

Simply because we already have a difference between desktop and mobile ... we know that there are two types of different resolutions, we must then divide the mobile into smartphones and tablets, each of which then has still different screens and resolutions, so we often come across applications which have compatibility defects also detected at the origin.

In fact, we find the message on Google Play that tells us "the App is compatible with some of your devices" just like the one below:

As you can see from the screenshot above, this message appears on, no less ... the Trenitalia APP ... and it warns me that not all my devices (of which Google Play is obviously aware), are compatible with the application which, I can then download to any of them.

Compatibility problems like this are on the agenda and even a large and important company like Trenitalia struggles to make its application accessible to everyone.

Let alone what could happen to us ...

All this can translate, returning to our initial reasoning, into higher costs to be incurred.

Therefore, a physical card or a card stored on digital media (such as STOCARD), makes no difference, so we reiterate, once again, that if your thought is to invest money to translate what is physical today into electronic, as a recognition tool… investing money… KNOW THAT IT IS ABSOLUTELY USELESS !!! ALL MONEY WOULD BE WASTE!

Not to mention the age groups ... as, even there, there is a potential problem: the receptivity to digital tools for those people who are in an advanced age group.

Our firm belief is to stick with a system like the current one, plastic loyalty card.

What must be integrated, in an important and pushed way, is the loyalty program that must be behind us.

As we can see from the LoyaltyOne survey, even in the lower age group and, although now the preference for mobile-type instruments obviously increases, there is still a very important residual percentage.

Going to see in the 18/34 age group, obviously, the 45% has preferences for mobile APPs while, on the other hand, we have people's 55%; therefore we see how, even today, we have most of the people who favor a physical card and there is no data, no source that documents us how the simple change from physical to digital represents an advance.

Remember that we talked about a low customer satisfaction rate ... at 18% that is, only 18 users out of 100 actually make real interactions with those who give them gifts, money or in any case prizes linked to their repeating acts of purchase towards a specific brand, point of sale or chain of points of sale, therefore of loyalty mechanisms.

Instead, it is precisely there, ie in the loyalty mechanisms and programs, that we need to move resources; there, substantial investments must be made because that is the heart of the entire loyalty system and, therefore, not simply, the passage of a recognition system from physical to digital as an end in itself.

All chapters of: Loyalty 2.0

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on whatsapp
Whatsapp
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
E-mail

Back to the top of the page
en_GBEnglish
error: Alert: Content is protected !!